Saturday, June 07, 2008

The 'so-unpopular' outcries : Fuel Price Hike

So what's the main worries and anguish of the Malaysians these past few days?The answer is so 'popular', despite 'fak lah!'s remark that the hike was an 'unpopular decision' (from an infamous government under his leadership..shall I say that?). The petrol price was raised up from RM1.92 to RM2.70!(up 78 cent), and diesel, from RM 1.58 to RM2.58(up RM1)!

*Graph : credit to Malaysiakini website

Having a glance at the above graph, we can infer that THIS IS THE HIGHEST MARGINS OF THE HIKE OVER THE DECADES!*unpopular decision menate apo ni fak lah?*

Okay WAN FARHANIM...so now sit down,calm, and contemplate (do u think anyone can be calm?).What's the probable consequences of the hike?Of course, I have to tighten my budget after the new trimester starts, cos' I have to spend more on the fuel!Last time, I spent RM40 for 20.833 litre petrol for my car. After doing little calculation, the draconian hike urges me to spend RM56 for the same amount of petrol!Imagine..RM 16 difference(My father only gives me RM50 for the petrol).So I have to add-up RM16 from my pocket money from now on..I am a student,and oh did I mention?a 'cheapskate' student.I can have 3 times meals from that RM16, or buy Hotlink top-up, or even buying one outfit from F.O.S stores!

Solution : Do I have to change my lifestyle now?(Reiterating fak lah's deputy suggestion).Some laid out the sarcastic remarks on their YM status, buying a 'le-run' or 'raleigh' bicycle. Well, I will consider that, spending RM300 for once in a blue moon and sacrificing more sweat and energy, rather than wasting RM224 per month for the petrol and sitting like a potato couch in the aircond and pull the gear back and forth! That's quid pro pro right?

One of my buddies even suggested to buy a horse. But I cant ride a horse, nor affordable to pay its price! He later popped out with another solution.. "Go buy a kambing lah!Tambat..pegi kelah paka topi cowboy.."Hurm...isnt that cool?

No comments: