Friday, March 06, 2009

Journey to the Future Ahead

Here I go, sailing through a sleepless night, pondering on the future ahead. The economic recession, the tremendous amount of laying-off among the current proletariats (are we the proletariats?), next scandalous PM on the line (huh can u imagine that?), and etc.. Yeah, vague future for my generations (Or I am the only paranoid?)

I learned that during the recession one has to be creative and dare to take the risk with their unseen hands. One who survives and becomes a striking figure on the race will undoubtedly make a break. Note the words of Mulan in its movie, "The flower that blooms in adversity is the most rare and beautiful".History tells.Period.

Yeah, resisting through unfavorable time causes some men to break, but others to break record, But can I be like them? I am a woman with low self-confidence, to be frank. But the stories of great men who are able to resist through the challenging times are really inspiring. Hilton (the founder of Hilton Hotel chain) and happened to be the father of bimbotic but charming Ms Paris came from a poor background. He barely survived during The Great Depression. He started his business by way of transforming their home to a modest inn, drummed up his business by way of inducing the travellers at the train station and gave them a room at 1 dollar and meals cooked by his wife. He had the idea, and he generated it. He broke the record.

So as Abraham Lincoln who was born in poverty and faced defeat after defeat throughout his life. Read his story at Wikipedia. No use to cut and paste it here. Eventually, he was elected as Mr President. Lincoln was not great because he was born in a log cabin, but because he got out of it.

And me, which trail should I follow? I learned a quote from Albert Einstein..

"...I think and think for months and years. 99 times, the conclusion is false. The 100th time Iam right".

No comments: