Monday, October 27, 2008

The thrill of thrifting

The trimester break has been so breath-taking. I managed to find a getaway in my usual lust for thrifting. I went to a number of thrift shops, for the sake of halting my desire of hunting the vintage and artsy items. The outcome is an ultimate satisfaction.

I grabbed this vintage dress for RM5 and the belt for RM2. Now I am head-over-heels in love with vintage dress. I need to find plenty more before I left my hometown, of course, with a cheap price. You know a cheapskate always love the lowest bargain.
I like the detailing of the dress, the Brownish scott-roses (look like a maid from the 1940s) and the buttons-up style and the flare it gives at the bottom.
There's a layer of space at the center of the belt, joint by a chrome stud, rendering the unique sense of it.
'Love is in the air' abstract painting- RM5. (Belonged to my sis)
Roses in wooden box-RM 5
Childish photo frame and a cute flower - each item is RM2.
Was allured by the painting of an Indian man carrying a wheelcart with two Indian women behind him. The shadow of the bull makes it outstanding (before my eyes). Unfortunately there's no glass to cover the painting. I need to put it soon.

15 comments:

Melodilusi said...

5+2=7

Rokok sekotak pun dah RM6.50.

Holy shit.

Anyway,Jenny Lewis lah dress tu.

Wan Farhanim said...

hahaha.cepat dtg klantan.kamu kata mau dtg klantan kan?kamu boleh thrift apa apa saja.love is cinta je takde dijual.

Anasir said...

deko bersama panim..

:)

natche said...

I like that dress! It's so vintage....bestnya tempat u byk trifting shop!!!!

Faridz Yunus said...

koya menyelam

Wan Farhanim said...

anasir:haha.nak ganti eric.:P

natalie:ya la.i bosan2 pegi thrift shop..

faridz:cis.dengki!

Darab Dua said...

bijok molek demo maka loni.
baju tuh semat. supo dale muvi2 zame Nastrodamus pon ado.
haha~

btw, sedak molek maknan umoh demo. terbaik lah.

Wan Farhanim said...

nate hanis makoh.hahahaha

tiey said...

beli mn??...btw love in air painting tuh comey...

ur pose pon lawa jgak... =p

aLeX said...

wah, old skool dress. hahaaa.

wear to campus lar. let Mr Tay see. muhahahaa

Wan Farhanim said...

tiey: selising,pasir puteh.aku bli 5 rial jah tu.haha.ur pose tu supo tahik koya (pengakuan jujur dan ikhlas).haha

alex: something from 1960s,someone's old junk.haha.why mr tay?he's more interested to nat.:D

Nayrell said...

Cikgu Hanim on 60's!haha,yela why mr tay?
eh nnti new sem start u pakai la...unique!

Wan Farhanim said...

miss nayrell:why suddenly u call i cikgu?hahaha.mr tay untuk nat la.:P.haha i malu la nk pakai.:P

aLeX said...

wah, mr tay interested in nat. *hints

Melodilusi said...

Dalam perancangan.